Garland Hawthorn Brahe History
The original partnership of Garland Seaborn & Abbott was created in 1909. The firm’s founder, James Robert Garland – admitted as a solicitor in 1865 – conducted legal practice initially in Wagga Wagga and Inverell, both on his own account and subsequently in partnership.
In 1909 Mr Garland invited Leslie Seaborn and Arthur Abbott to join him in a new practice partnership in Sydney and the firm of Garland Seaborn & Abbott was established.
The new firm was Sydney based, with a thriving commercial practice. But its origins were rural, and the rural connection was strengthened by the new partnership, both Garland and Abbott bringing a strong rural expertise and clientele to the practice.
The firm conducted business under that name until 1991 when, as a result of an interstate affiliation and representation, the firm took on the new name of Garland Hawthorn Brahe – with that new name and identity carrying forward the expertise, practice standards and personal approach established by the firm’s founders.
J.S. ("Jack") Benecke